It is located in the village of Viguria (Guesálaz Valley) north of Esténoz and Arzoz, 580 metres above sea level.
It is 31 kilometres from Pamplona and 21 kilometres from Estella. This monumental building is also called the Palacio del Marqués de Monte hermoso with masonry walls on the main façade and ashlars masonry in the rest of the building. It is dated from the mid-seventeenth century.
The façade consists of two floors and an attic, between cubic tall towers. It is a broad horizontal markedly even Herrerian design, limiting its ornate designs to the simple frames of the openings. In the central part, although somewhat offset from its axis, is a door with litter box and boxed pilasters, instead of capitals, it has a coat of arms with brackets of twisted leathers and crown on the top; and 8 fess charge in the centre.
It is mounted above the balcony, as a covered entrance, with old cast iron used on other openings of the house. As a finishing touch to the coat of arms, above the Cross Saint James, with a lion-head at the bottom, lower bracket twisted leather, trimmed with foliage and an open crown between two birds facing each other. It is divided in four, the first quarter is an eight pointed star with the inscription: firmament. The second quarter, divided in four has both lions and castles alternating, this is repeated in the third quarter with birds and castles and the fourth quarter a heraldry bend. In the centre 8 fess charge. At the top of the coat of arms it reads: Cisneros.
The central panel of the façade has double wooden eaves with carved brackets from the period. The other façades are from the period, except the back wall where there is another lintel doorway with a coat of arms with 8 fess, dated at the sixteenth century.
State of conservation
At present it is abandoned. The owner has had some offers but it has not yet been sold. It is becoming increasingly deteriorated to the point that many parts of the roof have caved in.
The mansion is one of the oldest plots of nobility in Navarre. Viguria were the lords who where given various privileges, so in 1601, Sancho de Viguria received exemption from military service. Later, the palace was passed to the Marquis de Montehemoso, in 1761.