On this tour you can enjoy a unique experience visiting the organic livestock and enjoy degustation of their meat in the marvellous surrounding of the farmland of Iranzu.
With three generations of livestock farmers the Gironés family from Salinas de Oro, have a herd of cows, goats and mares on their organic farm, with an area of 1,000 hectares.
In the year 2000 they registered their ecological fields and in 2007 their livestock were registered.
Sarbil organic livestock farming
Structure of the tour
- Tour of facilities: warehouse, hangar, farm
- An explanation of the process of breeding organic livestock
- Waste management and 100% organic water
- Climb up the mountain to observe the livestock in their natural environment
- Visit a herd of protected breed of “Jaca Navarra” mares that you can pat and photograph
- Visit a herd of wild goats
- A degustation sample of ecological meat from our livestock in a restored ancient shepherd’s rock shelter, accompanied by the best ecological wine.
All tours will be accompanied with an explanation of the management of the pastures, the herds and the behaviour of the animals in different circumstances and seasons (births etc).