With the taste of yesteryear, each day, our endeavour is to continue manufacturing a cheese with the taste of fields and mountains.
The surrounding fields and pastures of Sierra de Urbasa (the mountain range of Urbasa), provide a home for the sheep to graze in peace and tranquillity which allows them to give us an intense, clean and healthy milk. This milk is then elaborated into cheese using the attentive traditions of our ancestors, so that whoever tries the cheese can appreciate all the flavours, tastes, smells and textures that this intense and natural milk provides our cheese every day.
The quality guarantee provided with the Designation of Origin IDIAZABAL.
Our cheese has been awarded with different prizes, (from various well-known cheese contests), which we want to share with anyone who appreciates and knows “our cheese”.
- 1º First in XXVIII Shepherd’s Cheese contest in Navarre 2009
- 2º Second in XXVII Shepherd’s Cheese contest in Navarre 2008
- 3º Third in Cheese contest in Urbasa-Andía 2007
- 3º Third in XXVI Shepherd’s Cheese contest in Navarre 2007
- 6º Sixth in XXV Shepherd’s Cheese contest in Navarre 2006
- 3º Third in Cheese contest in Urbasa-Andía 2004
- 2º Second in XX Shepherd’s Cheese contest in the Basque Country 2003
- 3º Third in XXII Shepherd’s Cheese contest in Navarre 2003